4th of July...in Finland


It just so happened to work out that I was in Finland this year for the 4th of July.
I'm not the most patriotic person in the world, but I realized this past year that I am more attached to traditions than I thought I was.
Last year, Thanksgiving didn't really feel like Thanksgiving. I did have dinner with Chloe and Nikki, but we had risotto and I think we managed some roasted sweet potatoes, but it wasn't the same. I talked to my family, but I remember everything was kind of rushed because I had to pack, because I left the next day to go to Belgium.  

I knew it would kind of be the same situation if I didn't make some effort. Emma and I planned a meal and I even brought some stuff from the US.

We spent all afternoon making dinner, but it was totally worth it. We had tons of American food, we ate outside, we played with sparklers, and we hung out. Other than not being with my family, it felt like a normal 4th of July!


















Comments

Popular Posts