Blogging Every Day for a Month!

I had this idea last night, and I think I'm going to commit to it before I convince myself it's a bad idea. I'm going to blog every day for a month.


There are a few reasons. The first is because I want to be better about writing on my blog in the future. I got really busy this semester and didn't make time to blog. I also didn't make time to do things that are blog worthy. I think last year I was really motivated by my blog to go out and do things I could write about and take pictures of. I'd like to get back to that, because I feel like I did a lot of cool things last year!

This aspect of this month of blogging was inspired by Casey Neistat. If you watch any of his vlogs, you'll probably hear him say why he does daily vlogging. He does it because his passion is making films, but he was really busy starting his own business. I really like writing and taking pictures, so I want to have a reason to work hard on those things despite being really busy.

Another reason for this is wanting to experiment a little with content on this blog. I read a lot of blogs and a lot of different kinds of blogs. I have mostly been writing about travel on this blog with the occasional post about language learning. Those are huge aspects of my life. Probably two of my biggest passions and hobbies. But there are a lot of other things I really like to do. I want to try writing about those things.

I don't get a huge amount of time to travel with university being a full time commitment, but I want to blog more, so realistically the thing to do is to expand my horizons and try writing about other things.

Lastly, I've got a lot of blog post ideas that I've been meaning to do for a while, so this will be a great time to get all of that out of my system.

There's not really a whole lot more to this. I just want to mix it up and challenge myself. I am very interested to see if I can actually keep up with this!

Comments

Popular Posts