Two Trips to West Lake


West Lake is probably Hangzhou's most famous sight. it's a pretty massive and beautiful lake in the middle of the city.
The city is lush and green, but West Lake is somehow even more green. There are many places, where you can't even tell you're in the middle of a city of 8 million people (except for the distant honking of cars and hoards of tourists).

On my first trip to West Lake, we went to see the sunset, and ended up getting some really amazing colors because of the smog. The sun was hot pink! 








The second time I went to West Lake, my friend Louisa and I went on our bikes. We went to a different part of the park and found some really great other sections.







I can't wait to keep exploring West Lake! It's a never-ending botanical paradise. It's about a 5- or 10-minute bike ride from my campus, so I hope to be going there a lot.

Comments

Popular Posts