Spring Festival Travels: Overview


As I mentioned in my January monthly recap, I was pretty sick after I came back from India. When I got back I finished up an essay I had due, actually ended up missing my final exams because I was so sick. I recovered just in time to start my travels for the Spring Festival holiday.



Because Spring Festival (aka Chinese New Year) is the most important holiday of the year, it's right between the semesters and we got off 6 weeks for over the end of January and all of February. I, of course, planned a big trip during this time.

For the first 10 days, I went to Thailand! I spent the first four days or so in Bangkok with a day trip to Koh Lan.



I then did a three and a half day PADI diving course on Koh Tao


After Thailand, I headed back to China. I started out in Sichuan Province. I went to Jiuzhaigou, Chengdu, and Leshan.




I then headed south to Yunnan Province. I started in Kunming. Then I visited the picturesque towns of Dali and Lijiang before heading back to Kunming.



After Yunnan, I headed east to Hunan province. I briefly stopped in Changsha before spending 4 days in Zhangjiajie National Park.


After Zhangjiajie, I headed south again to Guilin and Yangshuo in Guangxi Province. 



After all of that, I headed back to Hangzhou! I will be doing individual blog posts on all these places in the next few weeks, so keep your eye out for that!

Comments

Popular Posts