Memories of a Long Weekend


The past couple of weeks have been pretty essay-heavy, so this weekend I got some university work done, but I also enjoyed spending the long holiday weekend here in Hangzhou. 



This is my neighborhood fruit shop. I love the way it looks at night.  


Take out delivery drivers line up to get their orders for the day. 


Essay madness


6:30 am in my neighborhood


First 5k run!


Napping in public


Neighbors setting fires in the living room - it's ok it's just for a ritual


Welding lights up a building at dusk


Italian food!


Smoggy sunset


Sunny cycle ride


Cherry season has arrived


The silk market


The view on my street with sun filtered through the leaves


Coffee, reading, and doodling


I might be obsessed with cherries


I might also be obsessed with bayberries


essay!


Watching someone do calligraphy on a fan


Millipedes, scorpions, and starfish kebabs. Mmmm?





On my way to a sunny Sunday picnic


Aforementioned sunny Sunday picnic



We ate in front of a statue of Chairman Mao


making plans and eating lychees


We had friends round to give each other henna and hang out


Back to reality - my view on the way to class

Comments

Popular Posts