Where Have You Been?

I'm still alive!

Sorry I haven't been doing weekly blog posts. I'm getting kind of tired of doing those, especially since I haven't really been doing anything super interesting since I got back. I've had deadlines for uni, so I've been kind of busy, but these are the highlights from the last month or so.

When I got back to Edinburgh, I experienced the worst jetlag I've had yet, because when I got back to Edinburgh I went to sleep at 4pm and then I woke up at 5am, which then led to many more mornings of waking up at 5am, because my sleep schedule was messed up. One benefit of this was that I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises in Edinburgh.



I checked another thing off my Edinburgh to-do list and hiked around the Crags. There was a really great view, which turned out to be useful, because I saw a giant storm coming towards Edinburgh and made it almost all the way back to my flat before it started snowing. 

Calton Hill

the Pentlands

The next weekend I decided to be spontaneous and plan a trip up north and try to go to a park on the coast so I could see some seals. Unfortunately, you can't actually get there by public transportation, despite what the website says. I ended up getting dropped off on a farm and I had to stand outside and wait for the bus to come back. It was a bit of a fail, but a good story... right?

And the view from the bus stop wasn't too shabby
I also finally made it to Blackford Hill, which is south of the city, maybe an hour's walk from where I live. My friend Sebastjan and I actually ended up walking all the way around the park and even past it. Then we saw this yellow house on a hill and decided to see what it was. That's when we ended up on another farm!




LangSoc also had another pub(wug) crawl, and for some reason we decided to go down to the Scottish Parliament building and take pictures with someone dressed up as a wug (it's a linguistics thing). That person happened to be me.



And I also celebrated my first Burns Night. Since I'm a vegetarian, I couldn't eat half the food, but I did try IrnBru for the first time and we listened to people reading Robert Burns' poetry, so I think it was an adequately Scottish evening.





Aside from all that fun stuff, I've had a project and test so far, which is why I haven't been doing that much. I've been inside a lot working and studying.

To keep myself sane, I joined the gym. I had been doing body weight exercises in my flat, but one of my New Year's resolutions was to run a 5k, so I decided to start learning how to run. I've really been enjoying it. I think I'm doing pretty well, so I signed myself up for a 5k in March. We'll see how that goes.

That's pretty much all I have to report. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts