Packing for Iceland


I'm leaving for the airport to go to Iceland in about two hours, so I thought I'd quickly write up everything I'm taking with me.
I'm going for 4 nights and I'm packing for January weather in Iceland, which will mean about freezing temperatures give or take a few degrees. There will also be some pretty intense winds, I'm sure, so I've packed for that.

This is what I'm wearing to the airport. I'm going to be wearing a plain black shirt, my Forever 21 skinny jeans, my Doc Martens, my hat from Target, my army jacket I got from a charity shop, and my Superdry parka.


I'm taking my Samsonite suitcase. I love this thing. It opens in half, so it's really easy to fit as much stuff as humanly possible in there.



I won't show you underwear or socks, but I will point out a few things sort of related to that. Below are my pajamas, my bathing suit, and one pair of socks. The socks are Smart Wool socks and they are the best. My feet get cold really easily, so I have packed a bunch of really warm wool socks.


The things I'm bringing to keep my warm are my hat, gloves from Tiger, a scarf I knitted myself, my Docs, and my parka.


In my purse, I've got my glasses case, my passport and boarding card, my kindle (currently reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler, three pens, tissues, dairy pills, ibuprofen, and two lip balms. Finally, I've got a pouch with my headphones and a lens cloth in it, and my wallet.


For toiletries, I obviously had to divide them up into liquids and non-liquids, but I've separated them out into makeup and toiletries.


My toiletries bag has a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, a comb, a razor, hand sanitizer, allergy medicine, an extra hair tie, my face wash, my moisturizer, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner.


My makeup kit is just two brushes, foundation, mascara, nude eyeliner, concealer, powder, a cream eye shadow, lip balm, and makeup remover wipes.


Finally, this is what's inside my electronics bag. I've got all my power adapters, my point and shoot, my DSLR battery charger, an iPhone charger cable, a mini USB cable, a spare lens cap saver, a screen cleaning cloth, two extra SD cards, my DSLR remote, an extra DSLR batter, and a smaller pouch that I keep my camera stuff in.


Last-minute items I added are a camera bag and zoom lens I borrowed from my flatmate. I have also not pictured my DSLR, because that's what I used to take the pictures. Also, I am bringing my iPhone 6, which I will also be using for pictures.


Comments

Popular Posts