2016 in Review


Here's a look at what I got up to in 2016.


It's not been a great year in the world, but I think I've managed to do some pretty cool things. While I faced a lot of personal and academic challenges this past year, I hope to think of it fondly in the future. I went to 10 countries, 7 of which I had never been to before. I lived on 3 continents. I learned a lot about myself. Relationships ended. New ones were made. I moved to a new country - China. I look forward to the challenges and new experiences in 2017.

These are the experiences that made 2016 a great year for me.

Hogmanay in Edinburgh


Iceland in January




Snow in Edinburgh



Sun in Edinburgh


North Berwick




Glencoe


Glenfinnan



Bavaria ft. Neuschwanstein





Time with friends (and maybe a spontaneous piercing)


Moving house


Cramond Island



Blackford Hill




Dunnottar Castle


Anniversary of Culloden


Standing stones


Inverness



Oslo, Norway




Exams


Spring in Edinburgh



Father John Misty in Glasgow




Switzerland












Back to North Carolina (briefly)


Minnesota








Back in NC - from the beach



To the mountains



Trip to D.C. to apply for Chinese visa



and an obligatory stop in Chinatown


Driving 3 hours each way to see a Dougie McLean concert


Virginia Creeper Trail





Williamsburg & family time




Rutherfordton & family time



Grayson Highlands with my parents






Mipso


Favorite hometown coffee shop


Learning to kayak


NC and China summit


Moving to Hangzhou & exploring













Taipei, Taiwan






Lingyin Temple



Shengzhou




Shanghai




Xi'an





West Lake, Hangzhou






Nanjing




Visit from a friend


India










Comments

Popular Posts