Packing for Backpacking in China


I'm heading off in a couple of hours to backpack around China. This is what I'm taking with me.



I'm taking a 35L Karrimor backpack and a 10L stuff-stack Quechua backpack.


I'm taking my clothes in my packing cubes, which I got from Amazon - they're the Amazon basics brand. I originally wanted the Eagle Creek ones, but they're so expensive! These were way cheaper and the quality is surprisingly good.


I'm taking a t-shirt, a short sleeved shirt, four tank tops, and a work out tank top.  


I'm wearing jean shorts and I've packed running shorts, capri leggings, a wrap skirt, and loose cotton trousers.


I'm taking two pairs of shoes - my Chacos and my running shoes. 


I've packed my phone holder for when I run, some fingerless gloves, a travel towel, my travel scarf, and my bikini. 


For outerwear, I'm taking my raincoat, which stuffs into the pocket and it really good to pack. 




For other bits and bobs, I've got the 10L backpack I mentioned earlier, a plastic bag, an ACE bandage, a belt, sunglasses, a bar of laundry detergent, a flashlight, a fan, a water bottle, and a baseball hat. 


For toiletries, I'm bringing a bar of Dr. Bronner's soap (which can be used for anything), a sheet mask, dry shampoo, insect repellent, tweezers, a toothbrush, nail clippers, a razor, lotion, deoderant, face wash, face lotion, shampoo & conditioner, a comb, and toothpaste. I packed everything in a drawstring bag also from Amazon. 


For more emergency toiletries, I have Lactaid pills, melatonin, a first aid kit, hand sanitizer, blister plasters, anti-itch cream, traveler's diarrhea medicine, anti-diarrheal, Lemsip, tissues, sunscreen, and a pollution mask. 


The only food-type thing I'm taking is 20 sachets of instant coffee. I will also probably grab some fruit on the way to the airport. 


I'm bringing some art supplies for my travel journal. I've got a printed copy of my itinerary, white paper, and brown paper. I'm also packing a sketch book (for white paper), my travel journal, a ruler, my Chinese stamp, an assortment of pens and markers, glue sticks, and washi tape. 


My bag of electronics consist of Apple headphones, wireless headphones from Miniso, my Huawei charger, a flash drive, an SD card reader, SD cards, a lens cap, my Nikon battery charger and a spare battery, a polarizing filter, a remote for my Nikon, my GoPro Hero 4 Black with accessories & charger. Also I took this picture with my Nikon 5200 and my 18-55mm lens. 


This is the 10L backpack.


Inside I'm taking all my batteries for my cameras, my sunglasses, my phone charger & battery pack, my keys, my journal, my Kindle, my passport, and a purse with my wallet, chapstick, gum, hand sanitizer, etc. 

That's what I'm taking with me! I hope that was helpful. 



Comments

Popular Posts