Monthly Recap: July 2017


This is the month of transition. I have finished my year abroad in China and have returned to the US for a month and a half.


Where I've been

Zhoushan - I started out the month by making my way east from the Western extremes of China back to Shanghai then by bus and boat to Taohua Island in Zhoushan to stay with my roommate

New York - I left China and headed straight to New York (well, with a layover in Doha and London). I spent just over a week there with family and friends.

North Carolina - After a jaunt in New York, I finally made it home to NC, where I unpacked and settled in a bit.

Arkansas - After only a week at home, I headed out on a 5-day, 2,200-mile road trip to see family and friends in North Carolina, Tennessee, and Arkansas.

Best on Instagram


Best on the Blog 

June Monthly Recap - Well, this has been the only post this month.



What I've Read

Essay sources! In July, pretty much the only thing I read were essay sources. When I got back to NC, I dove back into my essay, which will be one of my main focuses until it's due at the beginning of October.

Inspiration

I haven't been brimming with inspiration lately. I am getting back into my reading and fitness goals and trying to establish some sort of rhythm for the brief periods where I'm actually home.

Challenges

This has been a weird month. I have been in three really different places. I have been traveling for about two months straight. The week I had at home was the first week I had in the same place since May. I know I won't really get to have more than a week in the same place again until mid-September, which is stressing me out.

I've got a lot on my plate as far as things I have to get done and things I really want to do, but I just don't have the time or stability to get anything done. I'm going to try to focus on doing what I can and enjoying my time at home

Highlights

Seeing my family and friends after a year has been so nice! I am looking forward to seeing everyone else I can while I'm home. 

Comments

Popular Posts