Switzerland: Basel


I just got back from a week in Switzerland. It was a much-needed holiday after all my exams. I stayed with friends, which was also really nice. I didn't do that much in Basel, but we did walk around the day I got there.


We mostly walked around the old town on my first day. It was quiet and beautiful. I enjoyed getting a feeling for the city.











After exploring the center, we went out of town a bit to where I was staying with my friend. We took a nice evening walk in the countryside.




Later in the trip, when I was staying with different friends in the very north of Basel, we took bikes and rode into France and Germany. The place where the three countries meet is in the middle of the Rhine, but I got to see that point. We got some nice views of the Rhine river going through Basel.


Also, this is the town in France that's right over the border.




I would love to go back and explore more of Basel in the future, but I'm glad I got to see a little bit of Basel as well as many other parts of the country in my short trip.

Comments

Popular Posts